Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Jewelry...aka. Steampunk Hearts

These are some of the Steampunk Heart Pendants that I made to sell on my Etsy Shop. My friend Kathy Parks made some so I just had to try them...mine are not as good as hers but I like them. The idea came from a polymer clay artist by the name of Christi Friesen...she is an awesome artist. These things are addictive...I can't seem to quit making them...I got a great deal on watch parts from Sky Blue Pink...a great web site for all kinds of embelishments. I have a lot of old jewelry (chains, charms and what not) that has either been given to me or I found at garage sales and I used quite a bit of that stuff to embelish the hearts. My first couple of batches were fairly dark and so I made some with out "antiquing" them because I always like a little more color than most people...I made small (about 2" long), medium (about 2 1/2" long)and large (about 3"long). I am going to sell them for $5, $10 and $15.


3 comments:

Iowa Sunshine said...

Those are just wonderful! I love the yellow. Your jewelry just amazes me! You are very talented. =) Maybe someday i can get one of your yellow hearts. Loving your blog. I added to my blog today. Hope to keep it going now. HUGS

mary schweitzer said...

I think these are my favorite things you've done!!
They're so cool!!
Mary

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Wow, you've been busy! Really nice assortment of hearts.
Best-
Ingrid