Thursday, May 28, 2009

The First Catalog Killing is finished

This is my first attempt at Catalog Killing...I killed 3 catalogs...and the other two are in work...if you click on this pic you can see it big and you can really tell what is what with the embellishments...this is great fun and you get to recycle some of the junk mail that we all seem to get everyday. I used a piece of mat board to mount the catalog, that way it can be hung on the wall. I used Golden Glazes to paint the mat board.
This is a close up of one of the clay pieces (made from a push mold) then painted and "glazed" to show more detail. This is a close up of the top left corner.



This is the complete piece...I have added some fibers and wire coils...the clay faces are some I made using a push mold...I sewed the fibers to the bottom of the catalog across the bottom, then I coiled some wire and used my Japanese screw punch to make some holes for the wire to be attached without it showing from the front.






4 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Love this
I am especially taken with the color and texture. Lovely!
Linda

Mar said...

when i saw you start this project a looong time ago
i couldn't figure out what you might use it for
turns out it does indeed have a use
:)
beautiful color blue

Val Foster said...

Wow Linda, this piece is beautiful. I'm so impressed with what you did on your kc. I love everything about it -- the colors, the detail, the glass, the wire, the fibers, the molds. You did a super job here. Kudos to you, and thanks for the inspiration.

Tyler Long said...

What an interesting art form...so not typical, and yet so beautiful!

So proud of your amazing art!!!

ps. You're linked to my site as well, very glad to showcase your talent!!