Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Exquisite Corpse

This is the first of 2 pages made for a collaborative project based on "The Exquisite Corpse" game. There are 11 artist, from all around the world, involved in this project. We have artists from Germany, Australia and all around the US that are making their pages for this wonderfully interesting book. If you are interested in "The Exquisite Corpse" just Google the name and you can read what it is all about. I want to thank my friend Christy the "Computer Guru" of digital art, from Ft. Myers Florida for her help in making the words work on this page....I would also like to thank my friend Ingrid Dijkers for inviting me to participate in this project, and for working out all of the details and for making the covers for the book.

I chose a self portrait by Vincent Van Gogh as the starting point for this page. I made a laser print of the portrait in the size I needed, then I cut the image out and glued it onto card stock...if you look closely, you can see where the original image ends and my drawing begins....I used Prisma Pencils to complete the figure...I also used Prisma Pencils to color the back ground. I tried to make my background similar to the original painting...the challenge was to use pencils and make them appear to be oil paints, since the original was painted with oils. This is an awesome project and I am sure all of the other artist are enjoying the challenge to stretch artistically as much as I am.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Linda this is genius, love how you have done this it looks fabulous. How clever are you girl!!!!

Kim said...

I always enjoy your projects, Linda, thanks for the inspiration!

Christy said...

Hey you, you have to edit this since you did the words standing right there at the printer when my file wasn't working!!! I loved trying to help you though so thanks tons for asking me. This is one of my favorite pages so far. That and Kathy's with the hair. -Christy