Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"A View of the World", Lin Collette's AB

This is the first spread I did in Lin Collette's AB "A View of the World". I decided to use the 2008 Olympics in China as the theme for my view of the world, since it is what is going on in the world right now....I had no problem finding images for these spreads since there were so many to choose from on the Internet...I used Golden Glazes for the back ground...along with a map of China that was available from Dover Publications last week...I used a border punch and then glued some red card stock behind it. I found some images of the Olympic Torch and then used some metallic wrapping paper to make the flames...I embellished with some Asian coins from Stampington and a Chinese New Year ornament. I made 5 tags using the official characters used for the Olympics. The back of the tags have the official Logo on them.
The second spread has a pocket holding a Chinese envelope that contains all kinks of pictures of Beijing, the Olympics buildings and ceremonies. The words I wrote are about World Peace...because that was the feeling I got from watching this amazing event...I used a grunge board swirl, some metallic Koi Fish stickers, a foam embellishment that is stamped with one of my hand carved lino stamps and some 3-D black and white letters. The background is sprayed Moon Mist and sea sponge (which I love the look of) stamping using Lumiere paint.
I just thought that the sign-in tags that the other artist (Chris Tessnear of North Carolina, Lorraine Watson, Dawn Gold and Kristen Bolton, all of the UK) were so awesome that I would include this pic for you to see.
This is a close up view of the envelope that holds the images of the Olympics...I got these darling envelopes from Lisa at Collage Stuff, she has all kinds of really neat and hard to find embellishments.
I hope Lin likes the work that we have done in her book, because it is really a terrific book...a real treasure to keep forever.
The ICE Group is going full steam ahead and starting another AB RR with the theme of "Inspirational Women"...all the player/artist involved in this new RR are really excited and creating some wonderful AB covers...I can't wait to get started....

No comments: